Work package V: Data Comparison
Objectives: The objectives are to compare the results from the EPO-data analysis with other studies to detect the current state of participation of women in patenting and S&T professions. One of the most important objectives is to figure out differences between the rate of women participating in S&T and their rate in patenting as well as the reasons for this.
1. Second meeting with the advisory board
In month 9 the second meeting with the advisory board will be held to present and discuss the online survey and data comparison.
2. Comparison of the data analysis of patents 2002-2004 with
- the results of earlier studies in Europe and Non-European states in order to get insight into the development of female participation.
- the results of statistical studies related to the participation of women in S&T professions of national statistic offices, Eurostat and international statistics.
- Comparison of the different statistical analyses to get a deeper insight into the current status
3. Statistic report:
Data comparison: Percentage of women in patenting and S&T. Interpretation of the current state